Tuesday, February 06, 2007

and then..........

...nothing happened....


...life is pretty uneventful here in the cockpit....



Highlight of the last few days - a visit to occupational therapy today (a very uncomfortable day joint-wise), and I met a caring and professional OT, and spent an hour discussing what I can and can't do six months into this RA flare. It felt pretty uncomfortable listing all the things that I struggle to do now - a repeat of how I felt a few days back when I filled in a Disability Living Allowance claim form - a demeaning and dispiriting exercise if ever there was one - on this occasion however the balance was restored by being congratulated by this very kind woman, on how well I had coped with all the change...

...my next appointment is on the 28th Feb when she will tell me how to protect my joints, what aids and adaptations I should have (but which I won't get because Social Services can no longer afford to supply them) and I will get measured for night splints.
I'm looking forward to it already...

1 comment:

emma said...

I so admire your spirit Bloghawk. It's an inspiriation to me.