Sunday, December 02, 2007

work in progress...

Sad, soft, saturated light seeps into Sunday’s corners, and heaps greyness like slush
I ache for snow to overwhelm the sound of improbable traffic
And give way to a deluge of feeling -
Some women long for longed-for babies, tears overflowing; sing songs, make hay, right wrongs
Some men search for words; grasp at songs long unsung; recline, descend into memory without recall, documenting decline
We all make do and mend, do the do-able, try to lead while laughing - dancing out of control
This starts, that ends
Meanwhile I digest poison, it calms me as I listen for news of death, and wait on news of life
I want for nothing but comfort and comforting
Life then, like lava, hot and unstoppable, carrying, charring, hardening, just to hear the sound of cracking rock and falling ash

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Hello Tony
I am so glad that you have submitted another blog. You have a great talent for poetry. Your words lit up my inner-vision. So thank you for that.
It was a great pleasure to converse with you the other day. You are a good dude Tone. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
Warm wishes Klahanie :-)

Domenica said...

Hi Tony,

"You are a poet..and I didn't know it" I hope you are keeping as well as possible under the circumstances, and I look forward to seeing you again some time soon....D x

emma said...

great to see you bloggling Tone! Snow and the orange glow! Hope you're well. Em x

Leigh P said...

Superb.

Seasonal good wishes to you and Pen and guys.

Leigh (and Dawn)