Tuesday, June 05, 2007

apologies...

...no posts recently, but more importantly, no time to look at other people's blogs and leave comments - sorry.

Life has been so busy - either busy re-organising for life after retirement, or busy being ill (thanks Klahanie for recognising that - it was good to see you today).

In all of this I'm remarkably cheerful - in the past I would have been very anxious about the future - and all but paralysed by that anxiety. But these days I seem to be able to be more philosophical.

I'm very occupied at the mo' with developing ideas for work around photography and mental health - in particular working with people who have enduring mental health problems. And I'm trying to link this with a programme of study/research at Staffs University - I'm doing a short course about community arts there at the moment and really enjoying it - I'd forgotten how much I enjoy academic work. It feels odd to be a student again, but not unpleasant...

Anyway - I will be looking at other people's blogs very soon...

1 comment:

klahanie said...

Hi Tone-
Nice to see you back. It was great talking to you on Tuesday. You are a throughly decent chap. You, good sir, with your sincerity, make me realise that their are people who actually do care. I thank you for that.
Glad to see you are keeping busy Tone. It is encouraging to read that you try to stay cheerful. After all, it is better to challenge our negative speculation than to be overwhelmed by it.
Well done to you as you attempt to implement your obvious photographic skills into helping others with mental health issues.
Funny isn't it? When I was in school, I couldn't wait to get the heck out. Now, I would love to be a student again. Just shows our appetite for knowledge can be rekindled. That is most positive.
Kind regards klahanie.