Sunday, March 04, 2007

lunar eclipse

.... I'm a bit odd me - I got invited to Will's birthday party, and I took my telescope and my camera kit (I took some cans and a bottle as well). Well I'd never seen a lunar eclipse before - and it was bit of a hit - a queue formed to have a look - a lovely bright night and lots of laughs with C & S and all.


click the pic for a big pic - see if you can spot three stars pulled into a line by the earth's rotation and a 4 sec exposure


PS - in case you're wondering? - I've been doing a lot of housework - I've felt the need to do something physical and not sit so much with the laptop - oh and I've been up the allotment and spread a load of horse-shit + home-made compost and planted some fruit bushes... what a busy boy

1 comment:

emma said...

I was gutted to miss this. we were driving back from a blissful time in Aberstwyth and saw the Moon looking majestiv in the sky. Huge it was. Then I heard on the news the following day about the eclipse. But your photo's making up for it. Good to hear you've been so busy T. Em.